Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 1 Antworten
und wurde 404 mal aufgerufen
 Museumsbahnen und Verkehrsmuseen in Großbritannien
FelixM Online

BBF- und BBF-Wiki-Admin

02.01.2020 16:17
Corridor Connector abgerissen Antworten

Hallo,

wenn ihr Corridor Connector, speziell Adapter von British Standard Gangway auf Pullman Gangway einsetzt, dann achtet beim Entkuppeln darauf, dass die Haken tatsächlich gelöst sind. Im nachfolgenden Video hat jemand nicht aufgepasst und den Adapter zerstört, leider wurde dabei auch der Lokomotivtender beschädigt. Begünstigt wurde der Unfall dadurch, dass der Adapter nicht im Einsatz war und die Haken wohl während der Fahrt von allein eingeschnappt sind.

Viele Grüße
Felix

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

AGBM, Phil und Rhabe haben sich bedankt!
FelixM Online

BBF- und BBF-Wiki-Admin

03.01.2020 17:15
#2 RE: Corridor Connector abgerissen Antworten

Hallo,

in der lmsreg-Mailingliste, wo ich den Link her habe, hat sich jemand gemeldet, dem das in den 60ern schon mal passiert ist. Ich kopiere den Text mal hierher.

Zitat
Regrettably I did do it once. I wasn't long passed as a passenger yard shunter at Inverness and forgot about the clamps on the GWR saloon that was used as the Kyle line observation car.
It arrived on the rear of the last train from Kyle and had to be shunted to platform 7 ready for the next day. I entirely forgot about them with similar results to what happened at Bury.....but with the saloons corridor connection still attached to the Mk1, whose gangway had by then taken on a very bulged shape.
Being at ground level and waving the driver away then watching it rip apart is quite a horrible moment, knowing that you are completely powerless to stop it.
IIRC it ran gangwayless for about a week until a replacement was found and fitted.
I had a couple of ETH cables pulled out as well during my 5 years as a shunter, along with a couple on the floor (one a pway points oiler pulled a set of points beneath a coach and the other when the road spread).
I'm a signalman now and watch what little shunting is done at Inverness with not a little amazement that anything gets done nowadays. I dread to think how they would have coped with the volume of traffic that we dealt with then!
Safer? Definitely, but they still have the occasional oops moment that is a job stopper (on the floor/ETH jumpers pulled /rough shunts and such like) but now everything is a major paperwork issue and nothing gets moved or recovered or mended until @r$€$ are kicked and blame apportioned.
Happy New Year!

Viele Grüße
Felix

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––