Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 5 Antworten
und wurde 796 mal aufgerufen
 Eisenbahn in Großbritannien
FelixM Offline

BBF- und BBF-Wiki-Admin

14.07.2016 01:55
Govia wird aufgerieben zwischen DfT, Gewerkschaften und Fahrgästen Antworten

Hallo,

schon monatelang fielen bei Govia im sogenannten TSGN-Netz (Thameslink, Southern und Great Northern) ständig Züge aus, der offizielle Grund: Personalmangel / Krankenstand. Gleichzeitig lief ein Kampf mit den Gewerkschaften, da die Guard-Stellen wegfallen sollen.

Da liegt es nahe, Govia dafür zu verurteilen, dass das nicht funktioniert. Wer so etwas lesen möchte, braucht nur den Guardian aufzuschlagen:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...dustrial-action
"It is also important to consider whether TSGN is just too big and unwieldy."

Gräbt man tiefer, dann trifft man auch auf differenzierte Meinungen. Die Zeitschrift London Reconnections fragt sich in diesem Artikel, inwiefern die jetzigen Probleme nicht schon früher da waren und jetzt erst so richtig heraustreten. Es werden 7 Einzelprobleme genannt.
http://www.londonreconnections.com/2016/railway-roulette/
"Here, we take a look at seven problems that are, or may be, affecting Southern Railway. They are:
– Driver Shortage
– Rolling Stock issues
– London Bridge
– Ongoing Signalling Issues
– Reactionary delay
– Dwell time
– Guards dispute"

Und dann gibt es Leute, die die Geschichte mit dem Personalmangel nicht glauben. In diesem Blog stößt der Autor darauf, dass die Hauptursache für die jetzige Krise nicht das Fehlen von Personal ist:
https://davidboyle.blogspot.de/2016/06/t...l-services.html
Ein Mitarbeiter von Govia hat in den Kommentaren ein Statement abgegeben. Ich erlaube mir mal ein Vollzitat:

Zitat
Hi David,
I have just seen your blog post on the current situation at southern rail and would like to clear up some confusion around the situation.i, as most of you commuters am extremely fed up of the company spun and lies and am looking for a platform to shed some light on he situation. I tried to comment but as a non gmail user I was unable to do so. You have my permission to post my email however if you chose to do so I want it posted in its entirety if that's ok. I am an employee of southern so would appreciate it if you would refrain from making my email address public.

I know the current situation is extremely infuriating but it needs to be looked at from two sides. firstly the current agreement between govia and the DFT.
This is in fact a management contract which differ's from every other agreement throughout the country. All other TOC's hold something called a franchise agreement. Everyone is different but essentially they r responsible for the day to day running of that network. They have specific requirements they have to meet but they generally make the decisions, however with govia's management agreement they have no control or make no decisions. All he terms, targets and and plans have been set out by the DFT. Govia are simply there to implement the changes.
This is unique and has occurred for one reason and one reason only. A test bed for the rest of the country.
In 2011 a report called the McNulty report was published sand set out a number of wide ranging proposals for cutting cost on he railways. Since then the DFT has been putting together a plan to 'streamline' costing on the railway. One of the major changes was to rid the network of guards. (Along with many other members of staff)
What we are seeing (along with arriva Wales and first scotrail) is the beginning of these changes. Many people have asked why MP's and media outlets have been so quite on the matter and as to why govia have no fear of losing the franchise. This is because they are purely the axemen. The DFT will not remove them as they want the company to be the face of the changes to avoid huge public objections aimed at the conservative government. The senior management are purely being told what to do. It's written in their agreement. I have been through the 668 pages of the agreement and they are given financial bonuses based on the inline notation of the changes. However only a freedom of information request will allow us to obtain the actual financial figures. The CEO Charles Horton was brought in to do a similar job (albeit in a smaller scale) at connex. Peter wilkinson speech was an insight into the DFT's and governments plans. It also per toy aligns with the plan to rid the country of unions.
After many failed attempts with filed bills both in the House of Parliament and House of Lords, the conservatives see this as a perfect opportunity to kill of the unions. No staff = no members = no unions.

Secondly you have to appreciate the serve lack of staffing and staff moral within the company. For years the franchise has relied upon staff working rest days to cover the basic timetable. It's estimated the company is operating at 80% staffing levels. Hence you have the current problem. The company has indeed removed rest day working from striking staff members causing the problems you are experiencing. This will unfortunately never change to conserve profits. They would rather be under staffed and pay overtime when needed then have the required number staff and have some being 'spare' when staff sickness/holiday levels are low. I can also confirm that morale is at an all time low. The pure nastiness and bullying from senior management has been on a level never experienced before.
I hope this has cleared up some issues and hopefully opens the eyes of many of the travelling public.
I hope you are able to spread this to as many people as possible.
Kind regards

Und wer den Schaden hat, braucht für den Spott nicht zu sorgen. Hier ist eine Reihe Thomas-the-Tank-Comics umgemünzt auf das Govia-Drama:
http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2016/07/12/if-s...ctly-like-this/

Viele Grüße
Felix

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

OBD_76 hat sich bedankt!
FelixM Offline

BBF- und BBF-Wiki-Admin

15.07.2016 18:44
#2 RE: Govia wird aufgerieben zwischen DfT, Gewerkschaften und Fahrgästen Antworten

Hallo,

Claire Perry, Rail minister, ist deswegen heute zurückgetreten:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016...ndroidApp_Tweet

Viele Grüße
Felix

FelixM Offline

BBF- und BBF-Wiki-Admin

23.08.2016 07:39
#3 RE: Govia wird aufgerieben zwischen DfT, Gewerkschaften und Fahrgästen Antworten

Hallo,

zwischenzeitlich war auch Eurostar vom Streik betroffen. Ich habe einen guten Artikel auf deutsch im Tagesanzeiger gefunden:
http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/ausland/euro.../story/30979592

Viele Grüße
Felix

FelixM Offline

BBF- und BBF-Wiki-Admin

25.01.2017 21:52
#4 RE: Govia wird aufgerieben zwischen DfT, Gewerkschaften und Fahrgästen Antworten

Hallo,

Govia Thameslink Railways (GTR) wird die Franchise diesem Report zufolge wahrscheinlich verlieren:
http://www.rmt.org.uk/news/plans-reveale...tr-of-contract/

Schade!

Viele Grüße
Felix

Yorkshire Lad Offline

26.01.2017 16:21
#5 RE: Govia wird aufgerieben zwischen DfT, Gewerkschaften und Fahrgästen Antworten

Hello together,

Also schade finde ich das nicht, eher längst überfällig. Die schlechte Qualität ist ja schon vor dem Disput mit der RMT da gewesen, der folgende Spardrang hat das ganze noch verschärft durch die darauf folgenden social actions.

Cheers

Si 'tha later!
--------------
My UK Railway Pictures

Yorkshire Lad Offline

01.02.2017 21:06
#6 RE: Govia wird aufgerieben zwischen DfT, Gewerkschaften und Fahrgästen Antworten

Si 'tha later!
--------------
My UK Railway Pictures

blackmoor_vale und FelixM haben sich bedankt!